Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking a 2005 Sangiovese...this wine was fab at 1 year old (took best wine in show at Lincoln) then went a bit "stinky" finally it has come around, and is really quite delicious, some of the Sangiovese earthiness has been replaced with a cherry bouquet, and it is more fullsome in the mouth, very pleasant indeed (no work tomorrow so a second cork may go "pop" later)
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• green tea & ginger wine tonight. last years version, with a homemade sag aloo and smoked river cobbler. yum yum.

envious of that glenfiddich trip! some years ago took a trip around Talisker's place some years ago. one of my favourites.
      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Just tea tonight

Although I may have a glass or two of homebrew bitter later on
        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Sorry, no samples to send out from there!!

I've never really given much thought to buy Glenfiddich, with their novelty type triangle bottles. Now I've sampled some, and seen the factory I think I may be tempted to buy a bottle!

Tonight though, I've had half a bottle of Grenache '08. It's ok without being outstanding. But with all the talk of desert wines on the forum I've read today I've got a glass of Kenridge Icevine from July '08. Very cold too, it's good

Comment

• Tonight I'm drinking a bottle of the WE Ltd Edition Maipo Valley Cabernet Sauvignon from 2006 (could be 2007)

....................either way it is absolutely incredible!
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• this one Bob?

Comment

• apple wine tonight
                Groucho Marx

Comment

• Tonight I'm drinking a nasty South African Pinotage.

It's red, oaky, and... SWEET!

Wasn't expecting that. Ick. I'm afraid it's going down the drain.
                  Steve

Comment

• A year-old MFK last night. Nice peach-y, melon-y, but lacking a bit in acid. This year's batch is still bubbling away, and fingers crossed it is as good as last year's.
                    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      thats the one
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• you're retiring?
                        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Whisky and dry
                          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Was unable to resist!!!

another bottle of the 07 WE ltd edition Carmenere Cabernet Sauvignon

just too good for words....(and its a little cold)

I will decant some of this on Saturday afternoon, to be enjoyed at the cellar party on Saturday.....will also get to room temperature the Vineco Ltd edition Mouverdre, and a bottle of the 05 Sangiovese (no point in having a breaking in the cellar party and drinking lesser wines )
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• My pineapple wine which seems to be maturing well. It's lost that sickly feeling at the back of the throat that it had. I'm quite pleased.
                              Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                                Was unable to resist!!!

another bottle of the 07 WE ltd edition Carmenere Cabernet Sauvignon

just too good for words....(and its a little cold)

I will decant some of this on Saturday afternoon, to be enjoyed at the cellar party on Saturday.....

At that rate there will be none left! haha
                                With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Working...
                                X