• Wineworks Veux Chateau Du Roi. Almost drinkable now
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Almost ... but you'll struggle on regardless! Good on you Ace
      “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
      Groucho Marx

Comment

• Tonight is our wine club competition and I am judging, so I imagine there will be a lot of different things in my glass tonight.
        Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
          Tonight is our wine club competition and I am judging, so I imagine there will be a lot of different things in my glass tonight.
          hic
          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Do you know what, I'm in a right good mood. I've had a couple of bottles of my pineapple wine and I've now indulged in one of my apple wines. Mrs.wisp and I have a lot to celebrate at the moment and I'm finding peace in my study/office and supping my own wine. Mrs.wisp is fast asleep.

The youth of today is not a helpless cause.

I raise a glass to that sentiment
            Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by wisp View Post
              hic
              Fortunately, I usually try to spit and not swallow.

Usually.

My freshly bottled 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon took first place in its category, despite the fact that it was bottle-shocked and very young tasting. I didn't judge it. The fellow who did wrote in his comments "I hope you hang on to some of this for at least 5 years." That's a good omen I think.

My 2009 Viognier (also freshly bottled) took 3rd in a field of 26 white wine entries. It was my first native yeast ferment, and turned out surprisingly well.

Yay!
              Steve

Comment

• Good effort Steve

At the other end of the spectrum, Mrs. G has brought home some Sangiovese Tesco are selling in 750ml cartons for about £2. Wish me luck
                Pete the Instructor

Comment

• i've never seen that in cartons, what was it in, just normal grape juice in cartons section?
                  With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Apparently it is in the red wine section, near the wine boxes.

I lied about the price. £2.99 apparently, and it is ........ not bad. A little sweet (0.998) - I suspect it might have been sweetened to hide a lack of body, but it is perfectly drinkable. I think I might get a couple to use as topup wine.
                    Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                      My freshly bottled 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon took first place in its category, My 2009 Viognier (also freshly bottled) took 3rd in a field of 26 white wine entries. It was my first native yeast ferment, and turned out surprisingly well.
                      top job....top banana
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• 2005 Sangiovese from grapefest 2005 again tonight...yum scrum!
                        N.G.W.B.J.
                        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• tea tonight
                          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Chivas Regal. For now...

Comment

• Whisky again..

Some dry white #1 is being consumed in the house too.

Trip round Glen Garioch ditillery today And a tasting afterwards, pretty good it was. They even let you have a taste of the new spirit, before it's been aged in barrels.

Comment

• Well, I was heading for a sleeping tablet but at about 10.30 pm last night one of my daughters knocked on the door and declared she'd left home. Out came the apple, the pineapple and the cranberry and blueberry. For someone who say's she doesn't drink that much, even though I did help, she sure used up a significant amount of stock. It is now 4.30 am, thank the godz, she's gone back home!

This was supposed to be a sleeping tablet night ... now ... I feel rather pleasant!
                                Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X