This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I had too much sleep
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• In my glasses this evening (yes, that is plural!!!)...

I had a root around the "cellar" and realised I hadn't tried the Cheeky Vimto I started back in Aug/Sept (must check my log!!). Had a small glass of that. Once I picked myself up off the floor I decided I must test the SG and find out how potent it is
      Might need sweetening up a bit too....

Next up I thought I would check on the Chocolate Raspberry Port, so a small glass of that That's coming along a treat

Not sure either was a perfect compliment to the fish, chips and peas.... but each to their own I suppose.
      Stuart

View My Current BrewTrax Stat's here
      BrewTrax forum discount details here

Comment

• Tonight, I'm lucky enough to have a Heron Bay Cab Sav, from their micro winery series. Made by Goldseal, it came my way late last year. It's very tasty too

This is after a bottle of 'unlabelled' red from the garage was opened to try and put in a spag bol for tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
          Tonight, I'm lucky enough to have a Heron Bay Cab Sav, from their micro winery series. Made by Goldseal, it came my way late last year. It's very tasty too
          It has improved markedly since the Ponte VWC comp, where it only got a bronze. I blame the judge
          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Don't believe Rich, he liked my beers!

I had a biopsy on my mouth today so I'm a little sore. Rather than trust those mucky pain killers, I decided to self medicate with a beer or two:

Chimay Red: For all the flack the 'Brussels won't let me sell curvy banana's crowd get' this makes up for it and more. Aboslutely, with out a doubt one of the best beers you can buy in a bottle.

J W Lees Brewers Dark: Save your £1. Add 69p onto it and buy a Chimay. It's not a bad beer, it's just very, very meh.

PS: This comes with the usual disclaimer regarding my ability to tell a bad taste from a good one.
            Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
            Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
            -Police Squad

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
              It has improved markedly since the Ponte VWC comp, where it only got a bronze. I blame the judge
              I would too

Tonight I just got home from Doncaster winemakers society (giving out dodgy adjudications again) and have poured myself a glass of the sangiovese I made at Grapefest #1 in 2005

very tasty indeed, it was a troublesome ferment and the wine showed no promnise in years 2 and 3 it then went a bit iffy in year 4.....has really come around nicely. Multi layered and really quite drinkable
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Tonight I am having a glass of Selection South African Cab Sav
                Its only about 8 months old... but it is lovely
                Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Tonight I am attending my winemaking club's annual "troubleshooting" meeting. This is where everyone brings in their bad wines, and advice is given on how to remedy it.

So I imagine I will be drinking all sorts of nasty beverages tonight.

Wish me luck!
                  Steve

Comment

• A bottle of wine 1 and half a bottle of christmas pud wine....

Feeling a little rough round the edges, must of been just a little too much sleep!

Comment

• exactly so!
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Tonight, I have a glass of my old peculiar styled clone, and a glass of real old peculiar.

First thing to notice is how dark the proper old pec isn't.. Mine is much darker. Also the taste isn't too far off, mine seems to have more of a burnt taste to it which is more than likely too much chocolate malt in it. Both very good

Comment

• Fullers Discovery is in my glass tonight......forgotten how good a 'blonde' beer this is - especially as it has the 'Fullers' taste too! Still got a few beers from xmas left too: Brakspear Oxford Gold, Ringwood Old Thumper, Wychwood Hobgoblin and Fullers Bengal Lancer. Hmmmmm, decisions decisions!
                          "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• Wine No.1 with Elderflower syrup.

... with a G&T chaser
                            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Tonight i will have a of my EDME Lager and finish off with a drink of
                              my vintage 2009 Rice and Raisin wine
                              Last edited by mark g; 14-01-2011, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• brunello prob too early but going to be lucky if any makes the year as lovely
                                http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                                http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X