Anyone know the answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know the answer?

"You have a glass of wine and a glass of water, the same size and filled to the same level. Take a teaspoon of wine, put it into the water glass and mix it. Then take a teaspoon of the mixture and put it into the wine glass. Is there now more wine in the water glass or more water in the wine glass?"
    Be luckysigpic

More wine in the water glass.
    Last edited by Duffbeer; 22-12-2007, 12:33 PM.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

not quite
      Be luckysigpic

Comment

Did the teaspoon of wine come from the glass of wine?

you didn't specify...it would make a difference
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
          Did the teaspoon of wine come from the glass of wine?

you didn't specify...it would make a difference

you only have a glass of wine and one of water, so the teaspoon wine can only come from the glass of wine.
          Be luckysigpic

Comment

or can you get this one?

A dragon and knight live on an island. This island has seven poisoned wells, numbered 1 to 7. If you drink from a well, you can only save yourself by drinking from a higher numbered well. Well 7 is located at the top of a high mountain, so only the dragon can reach it.

One day they decide that the island isn't big enough for the two of them, and they have a duel. Each of them brings a glass of water to the duel, they exchange glasses, and drink. After the duel, the knight lives and the dragon dies.

Why did the knight live? Why did the dragon die?
            Be luckysigpic

Comment

Errrrr, the knight drank from well 5, cured himself from well 6 then pi**ed in the glass?
              National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by valleydaz View Post
                "You have a glass of wine and a glass of water, the same size and filled to the same level. Take a teaspoon of wine, put it into the water glass and mix it. Then take a teaspoon of the mixture and put it into the wine glass. Is there now more wine in the water glass or more water in the wine glass?"
                There is the same amount of water in each glass.

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Comment

well done richard, there is the same amount of wine in the water glass as there is water in the wine glass.

and i think the answer to the other one is that the knight had all ready drunk his drink so when he gets the drink from the dragon he cures himself. The dragon on the other hand probabally drunk pee from the knight, and thinking it was poison drunk from well 7 to cure himself but died instead.
                  Be luckysigpic

Comment

an easy one;

I am greater than God, and more evil than the devil. Poor people have me. Rich people want me. And if you eat me, you'll die. What am I?
                    Be luckysigpic

Comment

I have nothing to say

Comment

Here's one for you to chew over for the next 20 years or so.

Imagine a conveyor belt the size of a runway. At one end sits a jet aircraft waiting to take off, the pilot revs the engines up and lets the brakes off. As the aircraft moves forward the conveyor moves in the opposite direction matching the speed of the plane. As the plane picks up speed, so does the conveyor.

The question is, can the aicraft take off?

Comment

And while you are pondering the one above, try this one, very simple.

There is a rope ladder hanging over the side of a ship. Each of the rungs of the ladder are a metre apart. The tide rises at the rate of 80 centimetres an hour. How many rungs are covered after four hours?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
                            Here's one for you to chew over for the next 20 years or so.

Imagine a conveyor belt the size of a runway. At one end sits a jet aircraft waiting to take off, the pilot revs the engines up and lets the brakes off. As the aircraft moves forward the conveyor moves in the opposite direction matching the speed of the plane. As the plane picks up speed, so does the conveyor.

The question is, can the aicraft take off?

Aircraft can't take off. It's forward motion 'speed' is relative to the conveyor belt. The aircraft's velocity is still zero. As it has no forward airspeed, the wings will produce no lift and it won't get airborne.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
                              And while you are pondering the one above, try this one, very simple.

There is a rope ladder hanging over the side of a ship. Each of the rungs of the ladder are a metre apart. The tide rises at the rate of 80 centimetres an hour. How many rungs are covered after four hours?
                              The same amount of rungs are covered after 4 hours, as the ship will rise with the tide.

That's a big ladder...

Comment

Working...
                              X