Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool

Then thats a 10% solution

as long as not too much was left in the bottles it should be fine (how does it taste/smell?)

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by Pords View Post
      I did leave to drain upside down and gave a good shake to each bottle before adding wine..
      All is fine

you have nothing to worry about

regards
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I opened a bottle of the Sauvignon Blanc yesterday which had been maturing for the past 2 weeks in the garage, couldn't resist and wanted to check how it was progressing. It did have a sharpness to it as an after taste but it was definitely drinkable. Still not ready yet, and I believe this sharpness will drop off over the next few weeks. It hasn't even reached its minimum maturing age yet as stated by kenridge of one month.

The Barrolo on the other hand before bottling was very promising. I haven't tasted since I bottled it on Wednesday. Was going to leave for a few months and avoid temptation by hiding it away in the garage. In all the Kenridge kit seems really good quality for the price.

Going to do a Showcase NZ SB next along with a classis chateau du roi

Comment

couldn't resist and wanted to check how it was progressing

Patience! You need to resist or you will never get any to the peak maturity. If they state a minimum of one month it is clear that is what they regard as the absolute minimum to come up to what they consider their lowest acceptable standard. Remember they have the experience of thousands upon thousands of these kits.

Comment

When one is making first batches it is no good preaching patience,we all know that is what is required because we all did the same, it is almost impossible to resist the temptation.

Demanding patience of new winemakers is like putting a toddler in a room fiull of sweeties and saying "dont eat any"

If you want a quick drink, then go ahead, it's your wine! just try to put some to one side and mature it as long as you are able.

I drank my first batches way too early, flying in the face of the advice given to me, but I simply needed to taste it, I couldn't wait a week mever mind three months!

patience is the last skill aqcuired by new winemakers, but thats half the fun

regards
            Bob
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Couldn't resist and have chilled another bottle and opened it, and it tastes very good. Even I'm surprised. Tastes better than some commercial wines I have bought in the £6-8 region. Can only guess at this stage, but I bet the showcase edition will be even better. Well worth the initial investment and would definitely recommend the Kenridge Classic as a good starter, as you wont be disappointed. I must admit I didn't expect it to turn out this good but boy was I wrong.

Going away for a few weeks so wont be tempted to open any more whites and can leave them to finish maturing. Out of sight out of mind. Will be placing an order for another classic and a showcase for when I get back so I can continue to stockpile.

Comment

I found that the ONLY way to keep my hands off stuff is to increase production more than consumption for a while
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                X