Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Richard!

I too started with kit from Paul at Brewgenie Hall Green, and do try to stop in there when we're down that way. (Also started with 2 Cali Coni kits from there!)

Plenty of info on the forum, everyone is helpful here, if you read past the banter at times!

Don't be afraid to ask anything, even if it's not in the right place we'll soon sort it out!

Cheers,

Rich

Comment

• another newbie

Hi all,

I would just like to introduce myself, so here goes

Well i'm not only new to this forum but new to wine making, im living in shropshire and i work all around the shropshire, staffordshire area allowing the opportunities for picking the wild fruit that is available to me, but it was a friend giving me about 4lb of plums and not knowing what to do with them before they spoiled that sparked an interest in wine making

After reading many posts and topics on the forum i guess fruit wine is not the easiest place to start but nothing ventured nothing gained

Regards Alan

Comment

• Don't worry Alan, I started the same way only it was Elderberries, I made many mistakes and chose a very difficult wine for a newbie it seems, but that was a year ago and I am drinking it now, yes mistakes but drinkable all the same, once you have done it you get hooked, and I continue to make difficult wines but that's how I learn.

Good luck with the plum wine!

Comment

• hello I'm Becky and I'm new! I picked loads of elderberries last month (currently in freezer) and yesterday was given two demijohns by my sister in law. I went out and bought some other kit today and I'm going to start with the number 1 wine from the tutorials.

Just need to wait until Mr Bumpy brings the demijohns back anyway - forgot to get them out of the boot yesterday, so they went to work with him today!

Comment

• oh and my idiot question...

when I've measured the SG with my hydrometer, do I tip the liquid back into the fermenter / demijohn? I'm guessing that's OK as long as I've sanitised the test jar first??

Comment

• Yes pop it back in, after you have a sneaky sip =)
              Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

• thanks

Comment

• intro

hi folks my name is bobby from glasgow , just made my first batch of wine using a kit but hoping to move onto bigger and better things with the help of this forum

Comment

• Hi Bobby,

Welcome aboard, feel free to ask any questions, post thoughts etc!

What kit is it you've made? What wine do you currently like drinking?

Rich

Comment

• tried a youngs chardonnay and i am starting a gooseberry today any tips would be appreciated

Comment

• Hi Folks

Hi All

Just joined, looking forward to reading the forum, actually I have been making a small quantity of wine most years for about 20 odd years now.

One of my first attemps was Pumpkin, never again it was disgusting, I threw the whole lot away, and started again, whith a Wheat wine. These days Elderberry is probably one of my favourites, this year they were plentiful, I picked a carrier bag with in about 20 minutes, yeilded 9 1/2 lb fruit.

Lots of other hobbies, including Sausage and bacon making, these days do a bit of part time work on a farm.

I do have a question regarding a Mehu Maija Steam Juice extractor, which I own, where would be the best place my query. i.e. Forum section

Regards - TonyE

Comment

• Hi Tony and welcome aboard

the equipment section is likely the best place for your questions

N.G.W.B.J.
                          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyE View Post
                            Hi All

Lots of other hobbies, including Sausage and bacon making, these days do a bit of part time work on a farm.

Regards - TonyE
                            Wine and beer making has just been supplanted as the coolest hobbies I can think of. BACON MAKING!

Welcome aboard! There has been lots of debate about juicers etc. and myself and Silverfox had a long chat about them with reference to elderberries but it was at Grapefest so it didn't make it too the forum. Sounds like you'll have soem valuable input.
                            Last edited by koomber; 13-10-2010, 10:30 AM.
                            Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                            Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                            -Police Squad

Comment

• Welcome aboard Tony

Sausages and bacon eh? Now you're talking my language!
                              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Hi Folks

Just found your Web site on the Net, and joined. I have been making a few gallons of wine most years for about the last 20 or so. I have a ready source of Elderberries and picked about 9 1/2 lb in 20 min recently. Looking forward to spending a 'few' hours trawling this site. Always on the look out for Grapes, if any members on this site sell them. I would be interested. I also have a question with respect to the Meju Maija Steam Juice extractor, not sure which section to post my question, can you advise please

Regards - TonyE

Comment

Working...
                                X